Tuesday, November 3, 2009

If it isn't one thing it is something else.

Well, after halloween there should be a constant sugar high floating around my house - instead I have a son who is active and a sick daughter. The kids were great for trick or treating on Saturday and they didn't eat a lot of candy (which was nice), Sunday was nice and quiet, we had a birthday party in the afternoon and then Reiley developed a high fever on Sunday night. I gave her some Tylenol and off to bed she went. The next morning the fever was still high so I kept her home from school, by dinner time yesterday she was complaining that she had trouble breathing so my DH said I should take her to the hospital. After an hour of waiting in the triage line we were seen by a nurse. Finally after 3 hours of waiting the diagnosis was H1N1 - well sort of. The doctor didn't want to do a culture swab because when he had H1N1 he had the same symptoms. So they gave Reiley the dose of Tamaflu and off we went to the drug store to get the full prescription of the tamaflu. Today the fever has broke but she still has a cough, so we will be keeping her home for a week like the Dr. suggested. As soon as she is well and the vaccine is available again we will all be getting the shot - I was hesitant at first but I don't think the cons of the vaccine outweigh the pros.
And since I have a sick little one I will be staying home as well, no scrapbooking saturday and I will be limiting my time at my meeting tonight, going through parent teacher interviews quickly tomorrow. I will try and scrapbook the halloween pictures this week and get them posted asap.
Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment