Friday, April 30, 2010

Cricut Cake

Well let me tell you how cool my job is, when I was in vegas for training I got to come home with a gypsy and 6 of the new cartridges. When I got home I got an expression and some tools to play with, and demo at mt Michael's store. To top it off on Monday I got the Cricut Cake. She is red with chrome accents and it is very pretty. I couldn't wait to play with it, so on Tuesday night we went to Michael's and bought some fondant and on Wednesday I made my first cake using the cricut cake. It turned out pretty good for my first attempt. I used just plain white cake from a box, I dirty ised it (so the fondant had something to stick to) and then covered it with Wilton's rolled white fondant. I used neon pink fondant to make the border and the top decorations. It looks nice - very simple. The cricut cake was very easy to use - the fondant gave me some issues. But all and all a good first attempt, next time I will make the cake a day before and not the same day.


Here is the results.








1 comment:

  1. I'm waiting for my Cake cartridges to arrive...not to use on cakes though. I think the graphics are great. Congrats on your first try.

    ReplyDelete