Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Second and third cakes

I was playing with the cake again, one cake was for a friend and the second was another cake for us. I used the elegant cakes cartridge and the brown frosting sheets. I cheated on the second cake and just used cookie cutters. I enjoy using the cake but it is a bit of getting used to with the different mediums - I am used to only using paper products.
Cake #1
I used sugar water to get the frosting sheet to stick to the fondant and some of the color ran onto the fondant - I colored in those sections to hide my mistakes.















Cake #2
I just used a cookie cutter and different colored fondant to make the design.

1 comment:

  1. I am due to get my cake cartridges real soon. I like the graphics on them...won't be getting the cake expressions though. I think a lot of people will give up easily on doing cakes with it due to the frustrations of working with that medium and an electronic cutting machine...just my hunch. Time will tell. We have our own plates and forks: when's cake time?

    ReplyDelete