Thursday, June 4, 2009

Welcome to the first post!

Well I am going to take the advice of Heidi Swapp and start a blog, I love being creative and find that I need to be creative at least once a day. I recently had the oppertunity to meet Heidi at a retail event in Edmonton AB. She taught a group of ladies some new techniques using Tim Holtz destressing inks - I had a lot of fun and learned quite a bit. She encouraged us to express ourselves not only in our scrapbooking or cardmaking but in other ways as well. I love to scrapbook and make cards and little crafty type things, so I thought a blog that centers around not only paper crafts like scrapbooking but other crafty ideas as well would be great.

First a little bit about me, I am a mother of two, Reiley my daughter is 7 and my son Landen is 5. I have been married for almost 8 years and we live in a quiet little town in southern Alberta. I am lucky enough to work in my local scrapbooking store with a great bunch of ladies. I have only been scrapbooking for just over a year but since I started working there my pages and card techniques are way better. My wonderful husband spoils me and bought me a cricut, a cuttlebug and quite a few scrapbooking tools and toys. Since working at my LSS(local scrapbooking store) I have learned a lot and have discovered there is so much more to learn. Scrapbooking is a hobby that is ever changing and there is always new and exciting products and techniques to use and discover.

I recently got the Cars Cartridge for my cricut and I love it. I created a layout for my son with a lightning McQueen cut out. It turned out pretty cool, it took about an hour to cut the shape out and put everything together but I think it turned out pretty good. I love playing with my cricut and the cricut design studio. I try and use my cricut at least once per layout if needed.I also made a couple of cards for some friends that just had twin boys, they both turned out great unfortunatly my husband took one of the cards today before I could take a picture of it. I am hoping to post different LO's and cards that I have made and for those of you that are interested, and directions on how to recreate them. Thanks for checking out my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment