Thursday, July 9, 2009

I just finished the LO with the rodeo tickets. I enjoyed making this page, it isn't filled with embellishments - let's face it neither is a rodeo. I wanted to try a technique that I saw on Tim Holtz's web page. I crumpled a piece of ivory card stock and then used the aged mahogany distress ink all over it, I then lightly sprayed with water and then took an old iron and iron the page. Because I inked after I crumpled when I ironed the paper it kept the look of the wrinkles. I then used tea dye all over to the ivory card stock. On the journaling spot I did the same but I used Jumbo Java versamagic chalk ink first on the wrinkled card stock then ironed again, after which I used the tea dye again for the antiqued look. Here it is:

Product used: CTMH paper and stickers (sasparilla) Distress ink - Tea Dye & Aged Mahogany, Versa magic Chalk Ink - Jumbo Java, Stampin'up stamp, Making memories square copper brads.

2 comments: